10 Fun Tech Facts
- 90% of text messages are read within 3 minutes of being delivered.
- Of the 60 billion emails that are sent on a daily basis, 97% are considered spam.
- Google handles an estimated 1 billion search queries each and every day.
- The average computer user blinks 7 times per minute, less than half the normal rate of 20.
- 92% of the world's currency is digital. This means that most of the money you earn, use to buy goods/services and so on exists only on computers & hard drives. Only an estimated 8% of currency globally is physical money.
- The Dvorak keyboard is known to be more efficient and 20 times faster than Qwerty
- Apple, Microsoft, HP, and Google are all IT applications that started development in a garage.
- Doug Engelhard invented the very first computer mouse which was made out of wood. He created it in 1964.
- The first alarm clock could only ring at 4am.
- In general, people tend to read as much as 10% slower from a screen than from paper.
Sources: websitemagazine, indiatimes, and thefactsite