Certifications and Awards
We are proud to annouce that DP Recycling has completed our ISO 14001:2015 and e-Stewards certifications. DP Recycling is also a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher.
What that means:
The e-Stewards® Standard for Responsible Recycling and Reuse of Electronic Equipment© is a comprehensive set of performance requirements created specifically for the electronics recycling and asset recovery industries, set into the framework of the global environmental management system standard known as ISO 14001. The standard is the basis for the accredited e-Stewards certification program and was developed in a multi-stakeholder process with experts and leaders in related fields.
Written for international use, the e-Stewards Standard is consistent with:
- International waste trade laws
- Social accountability standards
- Data privacy requirements of customers
- Environmental and health & safety management system norms
ISO 14001 is fully integrated into the e-Stewards Standard, resulting in dual certification to both ISO 14001 and the e-Stewards Standard in one audit process.
- Green-Only e-Stewards certification has the endorsement of major environmental groups, including Greenpeace, the Sierra Club, and the Natural Resource Defense Council.
- Secure-Data protection is assured through rigorous requirements for chain-of-custody and data destruction.
- Legal-e-Stewards recyclers operate a management system to achieve legal compliance with all laws, including the Basel Convention.
- Socially Responsible-e-Stewards certification forbids practices such as the use of sweatshops, child, and prison labor anywhere in the supply chain.
- Transparent-e-Stewards recyclers can demonstrate the downstream disposition of all hazardous waste throughout their supply chain.
- Global-e-Stewards certification is available worldwide and incorporates multiple global standards, including ISO 14001.
- In Good Company-Major corporations and cities such as LG, Samsung, Alcoa, Bank of America, San Francisco, and Seattle, as well as environmental groups endorse only e-Stewards certification.
ISO 14001:2015 sets out the criteria for an environmental management system and can be certified to. It maps out a framework that a company or organization can follow to set up an effective environmental management system. It can be used by any organization regardless of its activity or sector.
Using ISO 14001:2015 can provide assurance to company management and employees as well as external stakeholders that environmental impact is being measured and improved.
There are more than 300,000 certifications to ISO 14001 in 171 countries around the world.
Awards for DP:
- 2013 Milwaukee BizTimes IQ Award for Innovation
- 2014 WEDC Wisconsin Innovation Awards Finalist
- 2015 WEDC Wisconsin Innovation Awards Finalist
- 2016 Milwaukee BizTimes Bravo Award for Entrepreneurship